Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Note on Inspiration

    Light of the Imperium exists, in many ways, to further my own knowledge of Warhammer 40k just as much as those who read it. I find that since I have begun working here on the site that my drive to know more about the community, the lore, and the on-the-table technicalities has risen substantially.
     It should be noted, however, that I have always been a person who struggles for inspiration in terms of long terms tasks. Aspiring writer that I am, the "My Documents" folder on my PC has become a mass grave of drafts for short stories, novellas, and a few full fledged novels that I just couldn't stick with. That being stated it is my sincere hope that the recent surge of inspiration that has given birth to Light of the Imperium will carry over into my more personal endeavors.
     Nevertheless, I don't want it to be said that I don't do some of what I do out of benefit for those who read my lovely little blurbs. On the contrary, I find that in writing these columns I may be able to educate more individuals on exactly what exactly Warhammer 40k is. It also wouldn't hurt if, along the way, these people picked up interest in 40k's sister games, Warhammer Fantasy Battles and the Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game. For those already acquainted with the dark future of the 41st Millennium, I hope to offer another source for members of the 40k community to discuss topics pertaining not just to my favoured Sisters of Battle, but to all factions and aspects of this incredible hobby.
     Thanks for reading my nice little ramble; more 40k content is on the way!

1 comment:

  1. Love the way you describe your documents folder! I bet many writers have a similar "mass grave."

    ReplyDelete